The process can change depending on the works being completed, whether it be a new build or extension, however the general order of events remains the same.
1. Site testing & Earthworks: site soil testing, site leveling and clearing ready for construction. Slab stage, measuring out the design on site, digging, setup and pouring of footings. Under slab drainage, moisture barrier and termite spray put in place followed by completion of foundation slab.
2. Frame Stage: construction of external & internal walls with reinforcing steel and conduit for electrical wiring and pipes for plumbing. Installation of roof frame, fascia and gutters, insulation, roof sheeting & trims.
3. Lock-Up Stage: includes installation of pipes, wiring, plasterboard to internal walls is erected, the sheeting of gables, eaves, porch and patio ceilings completed, external walls rendered and the external doors, sliding glass doors and windows are installed.
4. Pre-Paint Stage: includes plastering plasterboard joints, installing cornice, waterproofing, laying tiles, installation of cabinetry, skirting, architraves, doors, jambs, reveals, shelving, box air-conditioners & pouring of driveways/paths.
5. Practical Completion: includes all painting, fencing, landscaping, turf and irrigation. Installation of floor coverings, glass, doors, screens, clothes line, letter box and all fittings. Site then cleared of waste and a final inspection, house clean and detail are completed before handover.