How to check if a Builder is insured?

Hiring someone who is not properly insured could put you at considerable legal and financial risk.

Professional contractors must provide you with a copy of their liability insurances and workers compensation coverage when requested.

We have all of the required insurances including construction works, public liability and worker compensation insurance, we are licensed builders with the VBA. Every job is individually insured in line with building regulations.

How long does council approval take?

You’ve got your finance in order, chosen a builder & had plans drawn up. You’re ready to start building or constructing extensive renovations, but you get stopped in your tracks. You need council approval first.

There are two stages in the approval process that you need to consider, planning and building permits. Depending on the works, some jobs may not require a planning permit – we can help you

Planning permits can take up to 6 months for a standard renovation or new house build and applied through the council directly. In regards to a building permit, we use a private surveyor. In general, once all documentation has been obtained, approval is normally received within 7 business days.

Good builder’s reviews in Melbourne?

It’s always healthy to ask builders for their previous client reviews & testimonials.

We have a list of comprehensive reviews on our website & our clients are more than happy for a prospective client to view our previous work.

m 0421 693 626
e info@howseconstructions.com.au
a PO box 9012, Scoresby Vic 3179
Located in Knoxfield and servicing Metro and Greater Melbourne